Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

so here we go again....


On February 28th I went to my 3 month appointment at B.I. I had really nothing to talk about with them; breathing was good, gym was good, but I had this bump by my collar bone that was preventing me from wearing any low sweetheart necklines. When I showed the doctors, they were all a bit perplexed since it wasn't there last scan in December. What could that be???... Well.. HELLO.... you guys are the doctors... I didn't ask for a breast implant in the wrong place!

They decided that I needed a Pet scan/CT scan on March 4th. You all know how much I love those. First the motor oil concoction and then the dreaded barium. YUKE!...

And then we wait... 1 whole week. In the meantime, I think that the bump is getting hard and growing a little bit, and to make matters worst, it is fucking up my sleep because I can't seem to get comfortable in my usual sleeping position.

So let's forward to Tuesday. The doctor team never sees patients on Tuesday's and I know that they will be either late or not there. Radiologist dude comes in 45 minutes late and drops the bomb... I either have a recurrence of the old cancer or I have a new cancerous growth as shown in the petscan. MOFO..

The biopsy is scheduled for Monday and then we can give it a name. Once we have a name, the diagnostic and battle plan is drawn. It does appear that I will have some time booked at the BI Hilton for some tanning soon. Frequent miles for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY FUCK!!!!! Not again...UGH
Here I am about ot finally return to work & you're gonna run away again! This is not the type of roller coasters I like being on... Yes, I'm selfish but I'm already depressed because of my situation & now this! GOD DAMMIT... :-( No wonder you haven't answered my emails.... This really sucks.

1:05 AM  
Blogger mima said...

Dear Sass:

I will be at work as far as I know.. it is only tanning and chemicals as far as I know. Get your ass to work!

mima

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope too very soon! & also that you will tolerate the cocktails better this time than the last... Nobody enjoys work w/o you there!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home