Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

meeting all friends and a pre-scan


Today was sort of a backwards day. I was going for the preparatory scan to get all the math set for radiation before seeing all the doctors. We all know now the big news, it is the same non-small cell lung cancer I had before, but now it is in my armpit and along some nodes all the way up the clavicle (collar bone).

I walk into the prep radiology area knowing full well what I had in store. As luck would have it, the technician was Tom, the same guy that you might remember came in a year ago on a Saturday to start my then radiation. He as then was incredibly nice and got me ready for the scan. From the scan, they take the coordinates of all cancer locations and map it out, compare it to my old location for radiation decide on how long and the intensity of the radiation. That is all fascinating, but I am laying on a cold slab and I can't move since I've been told not to move just in case they need to rescan. As always, they had to tattoo me again. Now I have 10 dots all over the chest and arm pit areas. OUCH!

First appointment at the BI Hilton for my tanning is on Wednesday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home