Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Art and the Price of Isolation


This past week-end we went to see the revival of a Stephen Sondheim show called Sunday in the Park with George. I was not fortunate enough to see the original, but I can safely say that this production was one of the best theater experiences I've ever had. To begin with the cast was incredible, kudos to Daniel Evans and Jenna Russell, incredible performances. The director has used technology in the use of projections and animations to among other things recreate the famous painting by Georges Seurat. For a better written rev iew, see Peeble's review (follow the blogs that I read)

I hope you can see this show, it was worth every penny. Opening night is tomorrow and I hope that the critics like it as much as I did so that it stays opens for longer.

1 Comments:

Blogger peebstuff said...

WHAT! ...not one mention of the Iguana Lounge and post-Sunday libations and snacks? How grossly negligent since this seems to have become our lizard lounge of choice after Studio 54 productions.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home