Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Has it been a year?!?!?

Indeed it has. This Friday marks the one year anniversary of the infamous you have a small alien living inside you diagnostic. There are too many instances when I can't remember much of what happened in the first 6 months of this year, I think that is for the best. I've learned a few new medical terms, I have also learned that people react in different ways to knowing someone with a precarious medical condition, some have been very surprising.

Am I living life to the fullest, not by a long shot, too sedentary, to back to set routines. HOWEVER... doing much better than before, not sweating the small stuff and just going with the flow a lot more than my usual OCD personality allows.

My wish for all of you...pick an "I wish I would.....and do it!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all too real in my mind! It's hard to believe, it's been a year already. Glad it had the ending it did...I know 1st hand the other & wasn't up to that again! This was tough enough & I was 3 times removed! Reactions, Surprising how?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Jorah said...

Mima, I'm a new knitter (male) and found your blog while looking for other male knitters. Turns out we have "cancer survivor" and other things in common... I lived most of my life in Mass. Anyway, congrats on the one-year mark. I hit 12 years this month...

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicidades Mima. Life is good. There is nothing more to wish for. Eileen

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich said

I asked Paul if he bought you a card on Friday as this was a big occasion. I knew he wouldn't, but I hope he at least took you to dinner.

I am very happy to have you still part of my life and I look forward to many many years of going to you for suggestions and helping my Lauren.

Thanks for everything!

4:55 PM  
Blogger mima said...

Rich... helphing your Lauren was a pleasure...

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home