Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I am not feeling well...

I've decided to do this so that everyone gets the same information at the same time ..sort of. On December 14th, I went to the doctor, for what I thought at the time was a sinus infection. I had been having this pressure sensation on my head, with no headache as well as my ears always feeling like they were clogged. The doctor checked me out in that car inspection kind of way and said, your ears are clean, (oh good!) and nothing appears to be out of sorts. Since I had not been taking an anti-histamine; she suggested I do Sudafed (the one behind the counter, not the wimpy stuff on the aisle) before any antibiotics were needed. So I went home and did that...

Forward to Monday Dec 18th, this is not working, my head is getting bigger, not from my ego but from some swelling and sleeping is starting to be a pain in the ass. I make another appointment and go in to get antibiotics. This pesky sinus infection has got to go. As a matter of routine, they asked the usual questions. Are you allergic to any medicine.. blah blah blah. No I am not I respond. I get my drugs and start taking them. Monday night.

Tuesday morning I take my shower and go to work. While at work, one of my coworkers says to me that my ears are red/purple. You know the look, skiing all day and you are 5 minutes before frost byte. Certainly NOT pretty, however I forget about it until I get home. I am feeling a little swollen around the neck, kind of like when you got the mumps. Now I am a little concerned. I know it is not logical to be an allergic reaction to the antibiotic, but something is not right.

Wednesday I wake up and I look like my brother!! No offense to the poor bastard, but he is heavier than me. I call the doctor AGAIN, and setup an appointment. The Dr.is getting a little impatient; me, an allergic reaction??? strange, no fever, no headache, and that feeling of my head is filled up with air pressure like a balloon is still there. She takes me off the antibiotics and has me do a blood test to see if it might be a weird reaction to perhaps something I ate, or something I used. They do hate when everything is as it should be but you are not looking your best. Go home and go to bed, I am exhausted.

Thursday I wake up and look in the mirror... HOLY CRAP I look like hell. It is a cross between the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man and a long session of botox injections. When I got home, I just crashed on the sofa, and by 8:30 or so I am in bed. At 2:20am I am up. I sit up in bed and realize that is the only position that allows me to breath with relative ease and relieves the pressure to my head. I chatted for a while with Peebstuff (he is always up at that hour) and just tossed and turned until it was about 6:00am Friday morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is your brother. I bet that the morning you looked at yourself on the mirror and saw that you looked like me, you said, FINALLY! I am a handsome devil.
We will pull thru darling. I say I Love you and you say ? Oh come on you know you can, come on, come on. I am waiting…

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could we have both photos so that we can vote, please?

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could we have both pictures so that we can vote, please?

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home