Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sweater Curse



I just read in the blog of a fellow knitter about the boyfriend sweater curse. I have been together with my partner for 18 years. When we were just dating, I was not aware (luckily) about the dreaded boyfriend sweater curse. He had seen a sweater that I made for me and very politely expressed the appropriate ooh's and aaah's. Of course, I wanted to impress him so I decided to knit him basically the same sweater in his size. If I recall I had about 3 months to finish it since I wanted to do it for Christmas. It is based on a Kaffe Fassett pattern and for those who want to try it, it is incredibly easy to do and a lot of fun to pick colors for. Eighteen years later, my partner has received a few more sweaters, but you will see those in a later post. What has become my way of signing the sweater is to knit my name into the bottom of the sleeve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home