Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

and what kind of name is Mima?


I figure it would be good to give you a quick background. I was born and raised in Caparra, Puerto Rico. My real name is Ismael (no h please). My younger brother could not pronounce my name properly so he would only say Mimael and being of the short attention span variety Mima was borned. As many times as I have tried to leave the name behind, someone from my childhood infiltrates my social/work environs and the name resurfaces again. It has gotten so bad, that the executives at the company I work could not tell you what my real name is. I guess I am now in the company of Cher, Madonna, and all those one name divas (not the I am one of course)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home