Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Welcome to my blog.

I was inspired to do this by a very good friend in New York (Peebstuff) who contrary to me can write very well, and a friend of his who happens to be a fellow knitter. I recently discovered a website of men who knit, www.menknit.net; after reading some of the blogs, I found that I had a lot of company, however, I have never seen any men at the yarn store when I am there. I wonder where they are hiding??

I started knitting 25 years ago when I became fascinated by the intricacies of Irish knit sweaters, however when I discovered Kaffe Fassett's "Glorious Knits" I was totally hooked. First it was the Rowan Kits, then as confidence increased , I started coming up with my own colorways and different textures. Regrettably to the best of my knowledge Rowan does not carry his kits anymore, (if I am wrong, please let me know since there is one kit in particular I would love to get), however Mr. Fassett knitting philosophy suited me to a "T", there are no hard rules, experiment and try new things, there are no mistakes, just very happy detours. I will post pictures of all my projects as soon as I figure out that part of the blog.

Just like the first years of the Johnny Carson show, I have no pictures of some of my first sweaters. I am however happy to say that I am up to 20 of Kaffe Fassett sweaters.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog showed up when I entered Peebstuff -- you two are now connected in more ways than one! The most amazing thing is that you can knit and have a reasonably lucid conversation at the same time, dropping stiches on neither. I hope you find lots of fine new friends to knit with. Jessie

12:41 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I am proud to be the owner of a Mima original...a new-blue color with two creamy stripes on one sleeve, reminiscent of a school-age letterman sweater. It fits perfectly as Mima took exact measurements and created a pattern. It is a very cool garment and it makes me feel nifty, swifty and macho-manly. In other words, it fits my persona just as well as it fits my somewhat somewhat husky body (insert smiley face here).

1:17 PM  
Blogger Norskybear said...

I am so excited that you have started a blog! Now we all get to see your fabulous sweaters.

Lars

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home