Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Queen is Home


I don't know if it is yet another of my crazy obsessions, but today at 5:45am I was at Castle Island waiting for the Queen Mary 2 to come into port. I've always like seeing the ships come in and out of port and it is something I've done since I could drive. I would go to Old San Juan and see the now considered old ocean liners in the harbor. Actually, it even goes further back. Eileen had a friend who went to Spain for the summer and her method of transport was a ship. We were allowed too board the ship with her for her bon voyage party. Extremely cool.

Being big cruise people, I try to catch the rare visits of any of Cunard's ocean liners. Some of you might know or remember that the message that would tell me if the operation was a success was either "we are going on the world cruise" if I was screwed, or start unpacking, no world cruise for you. Really not a bad outcome, but I hope someday to do that world cruise on one of Cunard's ships. Maybe the Queen Victoria, or the Queen Mary 2

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture Mima! And a great memory.... I bet that world cruise is a happening thing! Start planning!!.... make it a celebration!!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home