Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Cancer Sweater


Finally finished the cancer sweater. Regrettable name, but it was started and finished during the last 9 months. Sometimes I never thought I would finish the damn thing, but I am thrilled with the outcome. Needless to say Paul is thrilled.

Funny/weird story about this sweater. Starting from the fact that fairy tales and fables are not my forte. When I was little, I was never read books to go to sleep so my knowledge of fairy tales/fables is strictly from cartoons. I thought that there was someone in a fable that spun yarn during the day and unwounded it at night so as to never finish the task. In my warped mind during the 7 dark weeks of April and May, I thought that I would die when I finished the sweater. Morbid I know, but my mind is weird (please no comments from the balcony section).

As we know, I didn’t die…DUH and I have my fairy tales screwed up. I was thinking of Rumplestinzkin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! More blog. I was just checking assuming there would be nothing as usual but it's back to its roots in the knitting business. Nice sweater/model.
ER

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

It looks great. I can't wait to see it in person.

Even though I have front row seats I will zip it on this one.

Love
David.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused...what the hell does this sweater & fairy tales have to do with 1 another??? Isn't Paul your fairy tale ending??? :-)

11:26 PM  
Blogger mima said...

yes indeed, Paul is my fairy tale ending

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home