Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Paris Day 4 - Last day



If Paris is were fashion is created... we must seek the boutiques and shops. Walked down past Maxim's to Place Vendome This is all about location location location... and right in there The Ritz.. From there we went to see the outside of the Opera House (as in the one for Phantom of the Opera). I would love to see an opera there... I can only imagine the tuxedos and the long gowns going up those staircases..

A quick cappuccino for energy and off to the August Rodin museum. Every trip has a surprise, this was it for me. Beautiful museum that we (I) would never think of visiting except by the insistence of my brother in law. Highly recommend a visit. After that, another fabulous bistro lunch, and back to the hotel for rest and packing.

My brother in law found a fabulous Italian restaurant in a small "locals" area. After dinner Paul had insisted that we had to take a Bateaux-Mouches cruise on the Seine. How touristy.. not with the masses.. eek... but it was sensational. The sun had set, the masses went to the second floor of the barge and we went all the way to the front on the first level. To see Paris at night illuminated (after all it is the city of lights) is just spectacular. As a farewell gift the city turned on the little strobe lights on the Eiffel Tower.. it was fucking magical.

Tomorrow we flew home... DAMN DAMN DAMN... I must start planning the next adventure and soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home