Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Day 6 - Beauty Duty


No chemo, no radiation today... YIPEE!!! Woke up after solid 7 hours, and started with a haircut. No clumps, no highlights, screw the bangs... a simple "O" blade all over (Thanks Nannette) . I even threw the curlers away, just not worth it, and a little too Shirley Temple.

Today the list of house chores is very long, if I get 1/2 through I'll be thrilled. Football game later in the day (yes indeed...how butch!) will impede some chores but, what the hell!

Interestingly, I've found out much to my chagrin that shower time in the morning is when I get all sappy and emotional. What a mess for fuck sake.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We vote then for Dry Cleaning in the morning...
Just make sure you go slow on the starch specially ... I'll leave it there.
XOXOXO
Be there with D in two weekends :-) We are both exited. Miss ya

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lots to say, which you will get in an email, but first, glad to hear watching the Pats was on your list (yes I was there). Second, as one who also shares the "pre-emptive strike on baldness" haircut, at least you can go longer now between cuts. And thirdly, look on the bright side (like I always do), you have to realize how lucky you are in one aspect: On Jan 1, you have already met your insurance deductible.

P.S. I don't worry about you getting better, because I know you will be fine just to piss everyone off!

Andy the eternal optimist

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home