Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A bit of rumor control

To quell the rumor mill.... first a couple of lines from Spamalot.

Spamalot Soundtrack Lyrics (abridged by me)

- He Is Not Dead Yet Lyrics

ROBIN (spoken):
Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!

LANCE (spoken):
Here's one.

DAD (spoken):
I'm not dead!

ROBIN (spoken):
Here, he says he's not dead!

LANCE (spoken):
Yes he is.

DAD (spoken):
I feel happy. I feel happy.
(sung)
I am not dead yet
I can dance and I can sing
I am not dead yet
I can do the Highland Fling

I am not dead yet
No need to go to bed
No need to call the doctor
Cause I'm not yet dead
.

BODIES:
He is not yet dead
That's what the geezer said
No, he's not yet dead
That man is off his head

He is not yet dead
So put him back in bed
Keep him off the cart because he's not yet dead.

Well now he's dead
You whacked him on the head
Sure, now he's dead
It makes me just see red
You are such a brute
To murder that old coot
You homicidal bastard, now he's really dead
Who is the knave who put him in his grave

ALL: Because we're not yet dead.


After that, a couple of lines of Mima prophecy vs Medical prophecy. The doctors gave me a lovely prognosis of 7 months to 2 years based on statistical information that is not relevant to the drugs I am taking , besides that small piece of information, 1 tumor, 2 poisons, 16 chemos, 27 radiations... PLEASE... bring it on... I have 2 or 3 promises to keep and some of the involve timelines of 5 years or more. Sanrotini at 50 (3 more years) China at 51, New Zealand at 55...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And after that we have many other things that will be added to the list so I expect you to do better than 5 years. I know que cojo__s :-).

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima -

Early in Steven Schneider's research, he discovered the same essay I did. For both of us, it was a seminal moment in our approach.

Prognoses and treatment plans are based on average statistics .. on a mean. As you know, to get the mean, there must be instances both above and below the mid-point. Why shouldn't you be an "outlier" rather than average? Hell! We already know that you are not "average" in anything else, so why should you be one as a patient?

If you haven't read Stephen Jay Gould's essay already, I urge you to read "The Median Is Not the Message," which you can find at:
http://www.resonancepub.com/sgould.htm

To continued courage -
elaine

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The medical profession is not ready for the numeralogy of said patient. Or I should lack of patience in said patient. Mima the "scientist", is going to constantly query & test the diagnosis/prognosis of the attending physician just to be Mima! Well DUH! As for "the Guy" in the opium den, he will probably become a constant in the equation just to make your visits memorable :-) hahaha, tehehe... I'd say throw something at him, but I'd wait for the rented laptop B4 unloading on him!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know I had a small Nasty thrown at me. The doctors took the brushes and painted the picture.I said I don't like it and it isn't going to hang in our house and it never did.

So get out the brushes and paint your own picture. With your desire and fight it should be one that you will hang on the wall for years to come.

Love and Hugs

David

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home