Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Who changed the channel???

So far the routine was relatively clear, Not much activity vs not much pain or discomfort. Somehow, last night they distributed new scripts and it was decided that it was not going to be all fun and games. The act begins with me in Paul's bed (position bed) and Paul in my bed) somehow, by 11:00 I was over there. That in turn made Paul decided that his bed was free real estate, so he went from my bed to his bed. At some point or the other I woke up in my bed and decided to go back to Paul's bed. Confused??? So was I!, I couldn't tell you were the hell I was all night.

So I really didn't sleep and my throat is truly killing me. Oh yes, one more thing, I am starving but nothing is settling well in my tummy...

This is no longer working for me... call the director please!!!

Today is Day 8 which means last day of the first cycle of chemo. Not looking forward to it since it is the cys-platin poison and that one knocks the shit out of me. Today however... maybe we will pick some flowers purples and yellows @ Winston's...Got to have something to look forward too!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimita, ;-). Wish I was there with you. See you in a few days.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are for you and Paul during this tuff time.

If you need anything please yell.

Dave & Fran

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pobrecito!

Sorry to hear reality has hit. You are in the wrong play.

Have you tried popsicles to help get liquid and maybe freeze your throat? Not sure if they'd be effective but maybe worth a try?

Once your tummy can accept food, I assume you know about immune building smoothies, si? I had one every day for two years, and they were great. There are recipes on the web; however, if you want me to share mine, just ask.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could help..... Helplessness, is just as hard as what you're going thru.(I think) I do want you to know that I'm sleeping less & less too. Restless. I know where I am physically but mentally I'm a mess! ANGRY, is more like it. Mad at the Great Spirit for fucking with my norm!!! It's not fair, not fair at all!!! I have to vent or I'll make everyone misserable. Well I already have, they're all on mad woman watch. "Keep the peace" you said, which peace did you mean? I'm trying but I don't think it's working very well...

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, I am one of your sister's students (doctora Eileen) from "the Ed School" (somehow everyone is supposed to just know which school I am talking about)... I wanted you to know that I am out here reading every entry and sending positive thoughts to you. Your words really help me see what it means to live life - to have full sense of humor and sadness all in one crazy scene. I will continue to read and I hope I may join your wonderful community of support.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home