Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Late post for chemo

Hello everyone, I am sorry I am posting so late (or early for some). Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity and emotions, As my brother says, "it was all good", whatever the hell that means.

First of all, and without meaning too, it seems that I unleashed two corporate competitions to see who among Paul and I will get a laptop first. To both parties, your efforts are incredibly appreciated. It will make my work life connection a lot easier and I do want to be useful even if I am a far away. I have a feeling that the laptop competition will be a close race, but I will look cuter in my PJ's working from home, or the hospital.

Yesterday we had a big day, radiation was ok, they are starting to run late every day, we all know how well I deal with people running late... Too boot, it is not the operators, but patients that are not letting them know they won't be in. Manners and etiquette still count even if you are sick!

I had my chemo in a new location, outpatient Shapiro 9, not my luxurious usual digs, bummer, you do get used to the finer accommodations very quickly, but I do understand that it is for people in real (bone marrow transplants, organ donations) need and not just queens with Queen Elizabeth comlexes (mostly me). About 75 people getting chemo at the same time. Everyone was great EXCEPT "The Guy". He was in the opium den across from mine, too loud, too obnoxious, way to verbal... Couldn't they give him an additional sedative in the IV??

Most people loose their appetite during this ordeal, me... LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN.. I crave sweet and salty. For example, yesterdays menu consisted of 2 honey glazed donuts, currently don't like the taste of coffee THE HORROR), followed by 2 packages of Lorna Dunnes, 1/2 lb of edam cheese, a turkey sandwich with mayo, something that they claim were peaches in that great syrupy Dole goop, a fruit muffin from Starburcks, 3 cheese empanadas (and a little rice) from the best Cuban restaurant in town, a white chocolate dipped banana, and for dinner a ham with rice pilaf and broccoli. PIG PIG PIG. I missed the McDonald's french fries from the night before and the vanilla frappe.

After all that, we also had a lovely therapy session... but more on that tomorrow..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, yes Pig Pig Pig. We need to change the parameters of the bet. Not nice that you will win by eating the food that I cannot eat. CRAP CRAP CRAP.
Quiero un sandwish Cubano carajito !!!
I thought that you were getting point at the BI Hilton. Use some for the upgrade back to the cavana.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating has never been one of your weak points. The flip side of this is it never showed on you. Don't know how you did that.

Glad for you that round one of chemo is over.

We are thinking of you and Paul.

Hugs
David and Fran

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for worrying about your cholesterol huh? After all that healthy eating & water you've been consuming for the last few months... Out the window with that I guess! You feed that 1 man ant farm like it was a paramoor! I'm just so glad that you still can eat!!! PS> what bet?

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home