Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Let's catch up to Wednesday

Let's fast forward a little so that everyone is on real time information. The rest of Saturday was a drag... lovely visitors, but for ^$%# get the hint, if I yawn I want to sleep...but wait, I have to sleep sitting down and that is getting real old. Food at the B.I. Hilton is definitely not 5 star, or 4 or 3 or 2.

Sunday, December 23rd, shower, coffee, and wait and wait and wait some more. We are waiting for the oncology doctor to tell us if it is nasty or really nasty. Paul has it in his head that he is taking me home for X-Mas... The doctors were ok with that as long as I promised to sleep sitting down. Paul graciously offered his bed, (it moves up and down) for me and convinced the doctors that I would be a model student. After nothing happens all day, at around 4:00pm the doctors says that a) I can go home and b) I need a full body CT Scan and a head scan to make sure them cells have not spread anywhere else. Foolishly I think cocktails at the BI Hilton... A great thick vanilla frappe...NOT NOT NOT. Instead I get to drink 1 liter of Barium sulfite YUKE YUKE YUKE.. it is disgusting and not sold in any respectable bar. I shiver to think how much the insurance company is getting charged for that!

I get home and it is just wonderful.. what can I say, my house, my pillow, my Paul and nobody to wake me all night...

X-Mas eve, X-Mas day, and boxing day were very uneventful just me moving slowly and still feeling puffy as if retaining water. Tylenol PM is my friend and constan companion in the sleeping sitting down category. At least I can look forward to ging to work on Wednesday and the doctor appointment to discuss diagnosis and treatment on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home