Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

when only cashmere will do

Day three of chemo,,, yuke. The nausea and vomiting is rearing it's ugly head and the headache I've had is award winning. But the silver lining is that the have me come home with the IV connector so that I only have to be pinched twice during this chemo cycle.

In order to do that, I have stolen a couple of Paul's long sleeve tee shirts to cover the IV connector (I just don't want to see it) and Paul graciously cut his favorite red cashmere socks in order to create a sleeve to go over the t-shirt to protect the IV while I sleep. (exhibit a)

Of course the other sock is waiting for the next chemo cycle, but Paul has put it to good use with his impersonation of a sock circus. He hasn't given the puppet a name, but I am sure someone will come up with something politically incorrect and highly inappropriate.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mima,

I'm sure it come as no surprise to you or those that know me.
I'm taking the high road on this with no comment.

David

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, based on previous blog topics and comments, its name should be Stinky the Sock!!

Grace and Elegance....

1:21 PM  
Blogger mima said...

I think stinky the sock it is!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home