Mima's Blog

Knitting, books, theater, travel, skiing, cycling and whatever crosses my mind.

Monday, April 07, 2008

The Poisonous Combo

Controlled poisoning, that is all this nonsense is, first rampant radiation, and the two lovely poisons. The single cabanas were full (usually reserved for bone marrow transplant) so I had a double. Still quantum leaps better than the opium den with 50 people in one room getting chemo.


I had to come in early for a blood sample (pinch #1) to be sent to the lab, then fry in the radiation table, and then go to the B.I. Hilton Cabana section. Lovely to see some of the regular faces, but I knew the I.V needle was coming and fast. The nurse was smart enough to look at my arm and say "we need the IV Nurse for this!" Out comes the heat pack... Not bad, one try and it worked, itchy because the flow was set too fast, but that was soon fixed.

Five hours later and I am heading home for surely an early meal and early dinner since we repeat it again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home